Monday, January 9, 2012

Something Missing??

I recieved a facebook message from someone who knew the old me which i love to get these, but this one she was asking for advice!!
..."I've been wanting to tell you how very proud I am of you and the person you have become. You have given me so much hope and inspiration on the person that I want to be and I want to thank you for that. I know what step I have to take to get to where I want but for some reason im finding it hard to make it on my own. I guess what im wanting to know is, how did you do it? I know you hit absolute rock bottom and that's not where im at so I guess that's why its kinda difficult. I love my life, my.husband and my kids, but there is something missing and I know what that is, God. Any advice from you would so appreciative Jess. Love u girl!!!! "
from a friend.
My Response to Her message....
Wow girl your words are so sweet!!! I was def at rock bottom, i was at the bottom of a dark pit, and when you are there all you have to do is look up to God!! But that was just the beginning of a LONG journey.
For you Loving your life and realizing there is still a need for more is and awesome place to be and i am so glad you are not ignoring that!! Not sure where you are at but first thing you have to do is make sure your relationship with Jesus Christ.. Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved!! When salvation is sealed, tell someone and get in a church that you love and want to grow in and get Baptized. Then just get into God's word and He will speak to you!! Its def about surrendering your whole life to the Lord... Sin seperates us from God and the more we sin the further we get away from Him.. We were created to be in close Fellowship with the Lord thats why when we are living our own life and not obedient to God's word we feel like we are not complete.. Which doesn't make since because the worlds definition of completion is a happy marriage children and finiancially stable...
Extra tip: When I first started my journey the Bible overwhelmed me a bit so I started reading books from Joyce Meyers and looking up the scriptures she refered to and thats where my life began to transform, I could relate to her and she guided me thru God's word!!

I hope this helps someone else out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment